Saturday, February 14, 2009

DON'T SWEAT THE GOOD STUFF



There’s an old saying ”Don’t sweat the small stuff” meaning don’t bog yourself down and muddle your life with little things. Thus my title DON’T SWEAT THE GOOD TIMES. Blessed people are muddled down in fear of the future which may or may not be as they predict.

There are so many messages of gloom and doom going around that I just thought I would remind folks of who was in control.

If I believe that God created all things (which I do) and that He knows all things (which I do) and that he has prepared the paths for us and is with us unto the end of the world (which I do). Then why would I feel like the world is all out of control. It may be out of my control, but it’s not out of Gods control.

I heard a quote on Paul Harvey News the other day. “ How do you make
God laugh?… Tell Him YOUR plans for your life.

See… this is I believe the secret to a happy and joyous life. Accept Gods plans for your life.

Folks are all frightened that America is falling apart, the economy is failing, some foreign government is going to take over OUR country. There are millions upon millions who have never seen nor possibly dreamed of the fortunes and advantages that we have and grew up having. Boy, wouldn’t they like to be in YOUR shoes today as you wait for your world to collapse in on you? And no foreign government is ever going to take over MY country, they can’t reach it from on earth.

God knows those who are suffering in foreign countries and in the ole U S of A. If you find yourself being one of those please take comfort in this. Mt 28:20 “… and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Luke 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.
6 Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?
7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.


Ps 31:22 For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before thine eyes: nevertheless thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried unto thee.
23 O love the LORD, all ye his saints: for the LORD preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer.
24 Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

David said in his HASTE “ I am cut of from before thine eyes.” He knew better, just looked too closely at his worldly surroundings and was a little quick to assess his situation. Maybe so are we. But God was still right there, and He’s still right there with us.


"This time like all times, is a good time, if we but know what to do with it." Ralph Waldo Emerson


Ps 118:24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

1 comment:

Autumn said...

Well that was refreshing!!!!
Thank you for reminding me WHO is really in control!!
Great article!