Wednesday, February 11, 2009

OH MY GOD


I was watching Brad talking to Tabitha, and Ohmygod, he turned and looked straight at me.
You shot a hole in that nickel? Ohmygod, how did you do that?

Oh-my-god you should have seen the look on Brenda’s face when she opened her gift.

Oh-my-god… that’s the weirdest spider I’ve ever seen.

It seems that the God of the universe has lost the reverence that folks ought to feel for Him. His name has become a trendy byword which is not with ought offence. Regard the following quotes instead and see the difference.

Ps 71:12 O God, be not far from me: O my God, make haste for my help.

Ps 71:4 Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man.

Ezr 9:6 And said, O my God, I am ashamed and blush to lift up my face to thee, my God: for our iniquities are increased over our head, and our trespass is grown up unto the heavens.

Da 9:19 O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive; O Lord, hearken and do; defer not, for thine own sake, O my God: for thy city and thy people are called by thy name.

Ex 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. (#2 of the 10 commandments)

1 comment:

Autumn said...

I cringe every time I hear someone say it so casually.
I don't really know how to address it,though-I'm glad you did!