Saturday, March 7, 2009

FIREPROOF





I haven’t been to a movie theater in over 30 years. That is until I read about and heard reviews on FIREPROOF the movie. This movie was produced by a large church and it starred Kirk Cameron. Now I don’t know anything about any star really so Kirk didn’t influence me at all to see the movie.

What did influence me is the subject. It deals with a couple having marital problems, and ends with their marriage being made secure because of commitment to give all to make it work.

I was so impressed by the reviews that I bought both my girl and my sons in law tickets along with my wife and I and our young son, We all went to the theater together to watch FIREPROOF. When I saw the price of popcorn and drinks I almost backed out, but I sucked it up and placed my order like a veteran movie-goer… “giant popcorn and drinks please“.

Anyway, the movie was great. My emotions ran full circle as my heart pounded in fear, I laughed when I saw myself or others through the acting. I got big lumps in my throat from time to time and dared my tear filled eyes to overflow. Then again my heart pounded at the greatness of God and His goodness to us all.

The movie was timely for my two daughters and their families who are not too far into their relationships… It was good for me… been married 34 years.

I highly recommend this movie to everyone, even those of you who have it all together… but I think it might be wise to waite and pop corn after you get back home.

3 comments:

Bekah said...

That really is on my top ten "best times" list! It was fun going to the movies with everyone together...It's a great movie and I really beleive it was inspired by God...
hey just think...with the money you spent on popcorn and cokes, you could have bought tickets for two more couples to go see the movie...lol

Autumn said...

I'll never forget the sight of you standing in line to PAY5 bucks for a box of popcorn!!!!!:)
Thanks honey, for pulling out ALL the stops for a fun and profitable evening at the movies!!!

Jason The Bald Guy said...

I agree completely... the movie reminded me of how I once was, even though my relationship with Kimberly is strong and healthy, the movie opened my eyes to how It could be better, and in only a few weeks we are burning hotter than ever and becoming an even better team. Our relationship with Jesus has really kicked up a notch!