Saturday, March 7, 2009

WHADAYATHINK THEY'RE FOR

Whadaythink they’re for? Well. they’re for diggin post holes, stringin wires, mowin grass and building fires. For cutting wood and splittin too, washing dishes, scoopin poo. Kids don’t have much else to do so you should make them work for you.

I grow a garden, my poor back and I could have a heart attack, So when sowin reapin, all sept eaten for my ol bod would be a beatin. I choose instead to train my kid, course then I say how good he did.

Course I’m always willin when I can, to help a needy friend. I tell him “Take my kid with you and keep him to the end.” But if they carry on too long I think they might abuse him, I tell them he must come on home I really need to use him.

THIS IS DEDICATED TO MY FANTASTIC SON LUKE WHO IS ALWAYS WILLING AND ABLE TO HELP, OR IN FACT DO THE WHOLE JOB BY HIMSELF. I KNOW HE WOULD RATHER BE DOING SOME FUN KID STUFF MOST OF THE TIME, BUT HE SELFLESSLY HELPS ANY WHO ASK.

THANKS LUKE FOR YOUR SELFLESS EXAMPLE.

3 comments:

Jason The Bald Guy said...

hey thats a really good poem! cracked me up!

Rock on Luke!

Autumn said...

No exagerration here, either!!
This kid is a worker for sure!!!
Good poem ,Honey!!!

Jessi said...

awesome, luke. 'boys' typically don't get praise like that-- men do.