Saturday, January 3, 2009

COULDA SHOULDA WOULDA

Is there no end to the things we can desire? I submit that there is no end, and that marketers and advertisers will never let you forget it. “Look, here’s a better car, look, a better house, better food, better toys, better cloths, better body, better tools, better job, better husband, better wife, better vacation, better haircut, bla bla bla, bla bla bla…

A lady might say; “You know, if only I had waited till I was 30 to get married I would have been able to enjoy my younger years, or If only I had gotten married younger I wouldn’t have had to work and could have enjoyed my younger years.”

Some one might wish they were born in different neighborhood, or maybe a different time. Maybe a man might wish he had married a woman with a big ranch and lots of money. How bout that nicer car and bigger house.

A married woman might wish she had a job outside the home so she could make more money to buy more stuff, or a woman who had to work wish she could stay home. How bout that pretty kitchen in Southern Living magazine, or the fancy machine in the sewing magazine. Maybe she wishes she looked like Marie Osmond, or Marie Osmond looked like Phyllis Diller.

Some man might want a bigger truck, a motorcycle, how bout a fancier new cell phone… another set of games for the “Wii”… a better this a bigger that. I’m kinda tired of thinking like this aren’t you?

Lets try to be more Godly, and learn to be more content with the things God has so graciously provided… It’le be very rewarding.


Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. (Heb 13:5)

But godliness with contentment is great gain. (1Tit 6:6)

3 comments:

Autumn said...

AHHHH! My nemesis-Marie!!!!!
Ya'll know she drives me crazy!! She's everywhere I go-weight loss,quilting magazines,a fabric line and even a sewing machine!! AHHHHH!
MAKES ME CRAZY!!!!

Jason The Bald Guy said...

hey it's good to see you writing!

good stuff!

this will be on my recommended blog list!

Justin The Bald Guy said...

It's real hard to be like that.