Saturday, January 10, 2009

NICE FISH



What a catch! Nooo, not the fish; Me. Did my wife get a deal when she got me! I use to have a little dimple fore I got a little heavy. I have a very complicated personality giving her plenty to do figurin me out….

Not really. I’m talkin bout the fish. He’s one of my one year old pond raised babies. He weighed in at 3 ¼ pounds, and was more than a meal for my little family of three.

I got tired of takin a boat out spending all day and not catchin fish, so I dug my own pond, stocked it with channel cats and hybrid blugill. Now If we want fish for supper I net a few grass shrimp, and go fishin in the pond. One is all I need, and if I happen not to catch any at least I didn’t spend all day and gas doin it.

I’m just blessed. God is good.

3 comments:

Jason The Bald Guy said...

Man I gotta agree!

I have spent more money on tryin to catch fish... I need to just get me a pond too!


that is a really nice catfish!

Bekah said...

hey that sucker fed all SIX of us! Me and Andrew got the rest of the couvion ; )

Lacey said...

oh yummy! I miss good old fresh fish. If you get it here in lubbock, it is just slimmy and chewy. There are lots of things I miss about home, and the food is DEFFINATELY one of them!