Sunday, January 18, 2009

VINYL IS NOT FINAL



We are not a rich family, but God has graciously provide all our needs, and given us a comfortable place to live. I have been finishing our house for about 25 years. Only recently did I finish the almost final thing on the house; the dining-room. I have waited for all these years for just the right materials for the walls. Hurricane Rita has provide that in the form of 10” redwood fence planks. These fence boards were well weathered and had plenty of character.

But… I don’t want to talk about the dining-room, I want to talk about finishing the house. You see, a couple years before I finished the dining-room I remodeled the bath-room. That’s right, I remodeled the bath-room before I finished the house. We like it. My wife got the fixtures she wanted. Everyone loves the design and the pine beaded planking on ceiling and walls accented by white beaded panels at the fixtures. The floor we chose was not real expensive, but we all liked the textured plank look of the fiberglass backed vinyl.
It’s a nice comfortable place to read a short novel or meditate for a while. I even installed one of those little fans in the ceiling (at my wife’s request). I think its to make noise so your not disturbed by things going on beyond the door.

Well… a coupla days ago I was sittin there meditatin… makin faces outta tha texture on the floor when I noticed it. Right there tween my feet it was. I wadnt quite sure whadit was till I looked closer. Then I sure nuff knew. A knife cut in my new vinyl floor.

I’ll just leave it right there for YOU to discuss. I gotta tell ya I seen this kinda thing before and after id gone through termites, dog scratches, pine-beetles and such I figured it out. This time I jus cut to the chase. This time I knew right off it was a knife cut. Now… who dun it, and what am I gonna do bout it. You tell me….

4 comments:

Autumn said...

Funny how history repeats itself,eh?

Jason The Bald Guy said...

I am guessing someone wanted to know if it was real wood! you gotta watch those country type! they might have just thought they were helping you distress it more!

:)

Justin The Bald Guy said...

I know who dun it...but I'm outta whippin range.

Autumn said...

Ya think???? Dad has a LOOOOONG range....:)