Saturday, January 3, 2009

SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD

We all know we have sinned. That’s not a very hard concept to grasp. When we look back on our lives, or yesterday for that matter we cringe at the falls and transgressions that appear when we just consider. Problem is we tend to go through life making choices based on other than Gods will. We just blindly follow our lust. We don’t stop to consider very much at all unless it has to do with our 401k or something important like that.

Short of the Glory of God. I’m afraid I can’t fathom how I could come close to the Glory of God. What if in some minute way I might reflect His Glory…I feel like I tarnish it the next instant. I certainly have no glory of my own.

Short of the Glory of God? I walk in Christ footsteps like a drunk man trying to walk the line in a field sobriety test. Rivers of living water flow from me like a faucet plugged with the mineral deposits of decades of bad water.

My desire is to come near to the Glory of God. My prayer is to please him, do His will, and have him remember my sins no more. When I look at my sins, my weakness, my failures, I need not be reminded that I have sinned and come short of the Glory of God… but… When I consider… I realize that the Glory of God is come near unto me.

Praise God for His tender mercies and grace.

2 comments:

Bekah said...

woo hoo! that's the truth! But for the Grace of God....

Jason The Bald Guy said...

so true... so true!



... I really love the bad faucet analogy!

great post!